Poland: providing services and travelling for business after Brexit

The authoritative source for Polish market regulations is the Polish government. This guidance links to official Polish sources wherever possible.

Polish trade and services regulations

If you’re a UK business providing services in Poland, you’ll need to follow Polish regulations about:

  • getting authorisations or licences to provide a service
  • complying with specific local business regulations
  • EEA nationality requirements which could prevent you from providing services in some sectors

The Polish e-government portal for service providers can help you to:

  • find out what you need to know about providing services in Poland
  • understand local regulations
  • complete the relevant administrative procedures online

Consider appointing an English-speaking lawyer in Poland to help you comply with specific regulations. You can also contact your local chamber of commerce for advice.

To find out if EEA nationality requirements apply to you, contact the appropriate competent authority.

VAT on sales of digital services

Businesses can use the UK’s VAT Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) to declare sales of digital services to Polish consumers made before Brexit.

If you wish to continue to use MOSS after the UK leaves the EU, you will need to register for MOSS in an EU member state.

Find out more about paying VAT on sales of digital services.

Ownership of companies registered in Poland

If you have a UK business, you might face restrictions on your ability to own, manage or direct a registered company in Poland or any other EEA country.

Read more about this in our guidance relating to the EEA and Switzerland.

UK legal professionals who have investments in law firms in Poland should contact the Polish Bar Council (site in Polish) and National Council of Legal Advisers (site in Polish) for information on what a no-deal Brexit means for your investment

Business travel and entry requirements

See the latest information on business travel to the EU after Brexit.

The Polish Ministry of Foreign AffairsPolish Embassy in LondonBusiness in Poland and Office of Foreigners have more information about:

  • visas including intra-corporate transfers
  • work and residence permits
  • supporting documentation
  • other conditions

Social security payments for employees

If you’re sending employees to Poland, they may need to make social security contributions in both the UK and Poland.

Find out when you will need to pay social security contributions in the UKEU and EFTA countries.

Recognition of professional qualifications

Find out if you need to take action by reading our general guidance relating to the EEA and EFTA countries.

If you need to take action to secure the recognition of your professional qualification in Poland, these sources can help you:

UK statutory auditors working in Poland

For UK statutory auditors, the Audit Oversight Commission Poland (site in Polish) should be able to provide further information.

UK lawyers working in Poland

If you’re a UK-qualified lawyer working in Poland, using either an Polish or UK professional title, you should contact the local Bar association in the region in which you are working or the Polish Bar Council (site in Polish) and National Council of Legal Advisers for specific advice.

Data transfer and GDPR

You may need to take action. Find out if you need to take action by reading our guidance relating to the EEA and Switzerland.

You may need to deal with the lead supervisory authority in Poland. Find out more information from the Polish Data Protection Office.

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres email nie zostanie opublikowany. Pola, których wypełnienie jest wymagane, są oznaczone symbolem *