From 28 March 2019, drivers from the UK may need a different international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad.
If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, UK drivers may also need an International Driving Permit (IDP) and extra documentation to drive in the EU and EEA.
If you drive for work in the EU, see also:
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: bus and coach drivers
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers
- Requirements for all UK drivers when driving abroad from 29 March 2019
- Stay informed
- Driving licence exchange for UK nationals living in the EU
- Driving licences and international driving permits
- Number plates and national identifiers
- Vehicle registration documents
- Vehicle insurance for UK registered vehicles in the EU
- Road traffic accidents in the EU
- Trailer registration
- EU drivers visiting or living in the UK after EU Exit