Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families

Applying to the EU Settlement Scheme
The scheme will open fully by 30 March 2019. The test phase of the
scheme is open now, but you must meet all the requirements to apply.
The deadline for applying will be 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020
if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
When you choose to apply may depend on your circumstances.

How you’ll be able to apply
You’ll be able to complete the application form online using any
device when the scheme opens fully (for example, an iPhone). You’ll
be able to get support over the phone or in person if you need help
doing things online.
You’ll only need an Android phone if you want to scan your identity
document – you can send your document by post if you do not have
access to an Android phone.

What you’ll need
When you apply, you’ll need proof of:
– your identity
– your residence in the UK, unless you have a valid permanent
residence document, or valid indefinite leave to remain in or enter the
– your relationship to a family member from the EU living in the UK, if
you’re from outside the EU

Proof of identity
You’ll need a valid passport or national identity card. If you’re from
outside the EU, you’ll be able to use any of the following:
– valid passport
biometric residence card
biometric residence permit
When you apply, you’ll be able to either:
– scan your identity document using an Android phone
– send your document by post
You can use someone else’s Android phone to scan your document.
You can also visit one of the organisations offering to scan your
document for you. You’ll need to book an appointment and you may
have to pay a fee.
You’ll also need to upload a recent digital photo of your face.

Proof of continuous residence
To be eligible for settled status, you’ll usually need to have lived in the
UK for at least 6 months in any 12 month period for 5 years in a row.
You’ll need to provide proof of this when you apply.

If you’ve not lived here for 5 years in a row you may still be eligible for
pre-settled status.
You can give your National Insurance number to allow an automated
check of your residence based on tax and certain benefit records.
If this check is successful, you’ll not need to provide any documents
as proof of residence. You’ll only need to provide documents if there
is not enough data to confirm you’ve been here for 5 years in a row.
The Home Office will tell you immediately after you apply if you need
to provide any documents. You’ll be able to submit photos or scans of
your documents through the online application form.
Read what documents you can provide to the Home Office if you’re
asked to provide more evidence.

If you have criminal convictions
If you’re 18 or over, the Home Office will check you have not
committed serious or repeated crimes, and that you don’t pose a
security threat.
You’ll be asked about your criminal history in the UK and overseas.
You’ll also be checked against the UK’s crime databases.
If you’ve only been convicted of a minor crime, for example you’ve
had a speeding fine, you’ll still be eligible for settled or pre-settled
You may still get settled or pre-settled status even if you have other
convictions. This will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
If you’ve been to prison, you’ll usually need at least 5 years’
continuous residence from the day you were released to be
considered for settled status.

If you’re from outside the EU

You’ll need to provide proof of your relationship to your EU citizen
family member (for example, a birth, marriage or civil partnership
certificate). You can scan and submit this through the online
application form.
You will only need to provide evidence of your family member’s
identity and residence if you apply before they do. If your family
member applies first you’ll be able to ‘link’ your application to theirs,
using the application number your family member gets when they
If you have a valid permanent residence document you do not need to
provide this proof of relationship or evidence of your family member’s
identity and residence.
You’ll need to provide your fingerprints and a photo of your face at an
application centre in the UK. You will not need to do this if you already
have a biometric residence card, or are 4 years old or younger.

Po więcej informacji kliknij tutaj.

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *